Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wisdom

I don’t know if anyone reads my blog.
Maybe I’m typing and deleting and typing…and deleting all Sunday evening (don’t deny you leave it for this day too) just to post these words to cyberspace.
Maybe there is an off chance that these words could mean something to you my dear (and probably only), reader. So I’ll keep typing.

I follow this instagram account…@humansofny
It’s run by this guy who goes around New York all day and snaps photos of people asking them about their life. My favorite is when he asks…

“If you could give one piece of advice to a large group of people, what would it be?”

He asks the elderly, the young and all ages in between. I love it because although I haven’t lived their lives or even close to it I acquire their wisdom for free.
I mean this is a big deal, before social media I would have had to sit with my great aunt edna and sort through old pictures for hours to get some wisdom (not that I don’t love aunt edna). And I’ve thought about this a few times, the idea of someone coming up and asking me that same question, what my response would be.

Are you on the edge of your seat reader??
You’re about to get wisdom for free…



Enjoy the present. No matter what the future holds.



This is something that always rings true in my life. Especially now, but probably always. Because we never will know what the future does hold.


Feel free to comment your wisdom…I mean it’s only fair right?

(we all probably need it more than you think)

2 comments:

  1. love this... and I read your blog. :D #amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the peek inside your brain as you wrote the post. I think a lot of people wonder those same things.

    My wisdom:

    You're going to die. So why not ask her out? Or whatever.

    ReplyDelete